Core Research Equipment & Instrument Training Network
The pan-university Core Research Equipment and Instrument Training (CREAIT) Network is designed to maximize the impact of Memorial's institutional investments in research through enhanced access to and utilization of major research equipment. CREAIT maintains and operates thematic clusters of multi-user equipment, located in 6 interconnected satellites across the St. John’s campus and the Ocean Sciences Centre.
Duties of the CREAIT Network include:
- Training faculty and students in the use of core research equipment
- Assisting faculty with major equipment acquisitions
- Maintaining and operating major research equipment and facilities
- Promoting the development of new research partnerships with private sector users by:
- providing access to core research equipment on a cost-recovery basis
- facilitating collaboration with faculty and researchers at MUN
Individuals seeking more information about the core research equipment available in the CREAIT Network should contact the Operations Manager, Dr. David Grant.