These Core Principles are the foundations of our Research Strategy and members of the Memorial community work to uphold them into all aspects of research. We have the responsibility to consider these principles and work to incorporate them in research projects, training, research administration, delivering research outcomes, collaborating, and all areas of research development and scholarship. Commitment to these principles will guide Memorial’s research accomplishments through achieving our Goals and Objectives and leading our Strategic Research Themes.
- Strengthening Indigenization and Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism (EDI-AR) in all aspects of the research enterprise.
- Valuing research and its outcomes including but not limited to knowledge, innovation, diversity, and excellence.
- Upholding Memorial’s obligations to the global challenges as well as the strategic priorities of the country, province and people of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Acknowledging the freedom of researchers to ethically pursue research that is based on their individual and collective curiosity, ingenuity and creativity.
- Cultivating an ecosystem to support all aspects of research at Memorial University.