Mr. Abdelsalam Abugharara
2013 to present: PhD Candidate in oil and gas engineering, Memorial University of Newfoundland. Research area focuses on: Experimental Studies on Evaluation of Directional Drilling Performance in Shale as VTI Rocks, implementing new methodology of oriented evaluation of physical, mechanical, and drilling measurements. For most evaluation outcome of this research, comparison study of isotropic and anisotropic rocks under various drilling parameters and drilling modes is conducted. The ultimate goal of this reach is to look evaluating the effect of shale anisotropy orientation on the drilling performance.
• Drilling Engineering
o Enhancement of drilling performance in shale.
o Evaluation of oriented drilling performance in shale
o Evaluation of optimum hydraulic fracturing in shale
o Study of Isotropic and Anisotropic oriented physical and mechanical measurements and their influence on shale oriented drilling performance.
• Petroleum production engineering
o Design of artificial lift methods
o Design of well workover and well stimulation
• Rock mechanics
Education and work experience:
• 2013 to present: PhD Candidate in oil and gas engineering, Memorial University of Newfoundland.
• 2010 to 2013: I worked as an assistant lecturer in Petroleum Engineering Department, University of Sebha, Libya.
• 2006: I obtained masters degree of oil and gas studies from Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, Canada.
• 2001 to 2010: I worked as a petroleum production engineer in Arabian Gulf Oil Company(AGOCO), in Nafoora Oil Field.
• 2000: I obtained my bachelor degree in petroleum engineering from Bright Star University of Technology in Libya.