Canadian Deans Association Accords
The Association of Canadian Deans of Education wishes to advance its role and position as one of the major contributors to, and advocate of, public education in Canada. ACDE, representing sixty-four faculties, schools and departments of Education in Canadian universities, represents an essential aspect of educational development by:
- providing educational leadership through a strong, collective voice on, and for, public education and the profession of teaching;
- supporting the public educational interest through research, teaching and service;
- creating and fostering a pan-Canadian space for dialogue on issues important to the provision of public education;
- preparing professional educators and sustaining them throughout their careers as public intellectuals;
- promoting, modeling and supporting democracy as active citizenship and vibrant civil society; and;
- responding to diversity and diverse societal needs for recognition, participation and justice.