When Funding is Awarded
When a researcher receives funding from an internal or external source, Research Grant and Contract Services (RGCS) and/or Strategic Institutional Research Initiatives (SIRI) is notified by that agency. Before the funding is released to the researcher via a research account, a number of steps must be taken to ensure the research is in compliance with the appropriate legal, regulatory and ethical requirements.
These steps are necessary to ensure that researchers, and the university in general, are compliant with the requirements of funding agencies and the law.
Researchers should obtain the appropriate certifications related to:
- Animal Care, via the Animal Care Committee
- Human Ethics, via the Interdisciplinary Committee on Ethics in Human Research (ICEHR) or Health Research Ethics Board (HREA)
- Biosafety, via the Department of Health & Safety
- Radiation, via the Department of Health & Safety
- Hazardous Materials, via the Department of Health & Safety
To access the Memorial Researcher Portal Memorial Researcher, as well as the Memorial Tools and Resources, please follow this link.