Admission to the program is NOT direct entry from high school.
To be eligible for admission, applicants must complete 10 specific pre-requisite courses (or their equivalent at another institution) by May 1 in the year in which admission is sought. The following 10 Memorial University courses are required:
• Biology 1001 and 1002
• Chemistry 1050 and 1051, St. John’s Campus or Chemistry 1200 and 1001, Grenfell Campus
• 6 credit hours in English, 3 credit hours of which may be replaced by any MUN CRW (Critical Reading and Writing) course.
• Mathematics 1000* and 1001
• Physics 1020 or 1050 and Physics 1021 or 1051
*MUN Calculus Placement Test (CPT) - The alpha grade a student receives on MUN's CPT will be converted to a numeric grade when calculating academic scores. A = 87, B=75, C=65 and D= 55.
For applicants who have completed courses outside of Memorial University and would like information about potential transfer credits, please contact the Registrar's Office. Be prepared to provide the following information:
• Name of the post-secondary institution
• Course name(s)
• Course number(s)
• Course title(s)
If the transfer credit information is available in the Registrar's database, it will be made available to you. If not, your course(s) will be assessed for transfer credit potential when you submit a School of Pharmacy application and pay the appropriate application fee.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the preadmission courses meet the requirements for admission to the pharmacy program.