The Pharm.D. for Working Professionals is open to pharmacists who have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Canadian Pharmacy program or the former pharmacist diploma program from the Newfoundland and Labrador College of Trades and Technology; and/or have successfully completed the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) Qualifying Exam. Applicants must be currently licensed to practice pharmacy in Canada and are in good standing with the licensing body.
Priority for admission is given to applicants who are residents of Newfoundland and Labrador or who graduated from Memorial’s School of Pharmacy.
The annual application for admission deadline date is February 1 for program commencement in Fall semester each year.
An online application is available for:
- Students who are new to Memorial University: Follow the application instructions provided at www.mun.ca/undergrad/apply/
- Current or returning Memorial University students: Use the Admissions menu within Memorial Self-Service.
NOTE: This program is listed under the Undergraduate program offerings.
During the online application you will be asked to provide the following supporting documents:
1. A completed online background/resume form which will summarize:
b) Professional work experience
d) Professional activities
Once the fillable form is completed, save it and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Resume–Admission Appl.–Doctor of Pharmacy for WP”. Please ensure that the form is sent via the email address that was verified with the Application for Admission.
2. One professional reference is required (Reference form - WP). It is important to select a practice-based reference who can comment on your clinical/professional work (do not include an academic reference). Please provide the referee with the link to the fillable form. Once the fillable form is completed, the referee will save it and send it by email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Reference-Doctor of Pharmacy for WP”. The reference form must be returned to the Office of the Registrar by March 1.
3. Official transcript(s) from all post-secondary institutions attended. Only copies sent directly by the issuing institution(s) to Memorial University are accepted as official. Copies submitted by students are unofficial.
Document Submission Contact Information:
The Office of the Registrar
Memorial University of Newfoundland
P. O. Box 4200
St. John’s, NL A1C 5S7
Fax: 709 864 2337
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (documents only, no replies sent)
In addition to Memorial University's general application fee (between $60-$120 depending on the applicant's residency), there is an extra School of Pharmacy Pharm.D. application fee of $125. Application fees are charged upon submission of the online application.
The deadline for receipt of supporting documents is March 1.