The following are a number of wellness related community resources available in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Bridge the gApp: If you are finding it difficult to cope or feel anxious, Bridge the gApp offers many services to support you and your wellbeing.
- Provincial CHANNAL Warm Line: If you are feeling isolated and alone during COVID-19, you are encouraged to reach out and speak with a trained mental health peer supporter. Call the Provincial CHANNAL Warm Line at 1-855-753-2560 9:00am to 12:00am daily. Note that, due to large call volumes, you may be prompted to leave a voice mail. CHANNAL will return your call with a blocked phone number to protect your privacy.
- Mental Health Crisis Line: If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, you should call 1-888-737-4668, available 24 hours a day.
- Crisis Text Line: (powered by Kids Help Phone): Children, youth and young adults can text ‘TALK’ to 686868 to a trained volunteer Crisis Responder who will help.
- Kids Help Phone: Kids Help Phone offers free telephone and texting support to children and youth, 24 hours a day in French and English. Youth can be anonymous and will receive professional counselling, information and referrals. Call 1-800-668-6868, visit KidsHelpPhone.ca for online resources or download the Always There App.
- SeniorsNL: For seniors and individuals who support seniors, SeniorsNL is a great resource that is available throughout the province. Individuals can call 1-800-563-5599 for information or just to talk. SeniorsNL can also be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online.
- Provincial Opioid Toll-Free Line: Eastern Health has launched a temporary information line to help individuals navigate the system and connect with opioid addiction supports and services. The line is intended for use by those receiving Opioid Dependence Treatment, those seeking support for their opiate use, their families and health care providers. Call 1-844-752-3588 from 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday.
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador: COVID-19 General information and Resources.