Joint Equity Committee
The Joint Equity Process
As part of the University’s commitment to non-discrimination and equity there is an employment equity document that applies to all academic staff member appointments of one year or longer. The joint equity process is outlined in Article 29 of the MUN/MUNFA collective agreement.
A search committee shall prepare a file for review by the Joint Equity Committee (JEC) as per Article 29. Please refer to the following flow chart for guidance. Submissions to the JEC would include:
- Completed Shortlist Review for Academic Appointments.
- Job ad
- Self ID information (employment equity survey results)
- CV’s of shortlisted candidates
- CV’s of candidates not short-listed who indicated (on the employment equity survey only) that they are an equity-deserving group member and eligible to work in Canada.
List of Joint Equity Committee Members
- Dr. Carolyn Walsh
- Dr. Heather McLeod
- Dr. Helene Volkoff
- Tina Hickey
- Jinghua Nie
- Deneice Wedderburn
- Employment Equity Officer (currently vacant)
The JEC is continuing to meet remotely and are accepting submissions from academic departments. If you have a file to be reviewed by the JEC please ensure that it is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view a presentation on the JEC process.
JEC Information sessions available on request by emailing email@example.com.