Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions about academic credit courses.

Memorial Academic Credit Courses

Who is eligible to enroll in a credit course?

Permanent employees, academic staff members, contractual employees whose contract (or series of contracts) is for a period greater than 6 months, are eligible to undertake one undergraduate or one graduate credit course per semester.

If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact

How do I obtain approval for financial assistance for a credit course?

To obtain approval, complete the Application for Financial Assistance for Memorial University Credit Course Form  and forward to Learning & Development, Human Resources.

Approval for all financial assistance for credit courses must be obtained prior to the semester for which assistance is requested.

  • The maximum fee for an undergraduate course is $255 per semester.
  • The maximum fee for a graduate and/or doctoral program is $632 per semester.


How do I schedule a training program for my department?

Learning and Development offers individual and group training. If you would like a workshop/seminar tailored and delivered to your staff as a group, please contact Learning and Development and we will meet with you to develop and schedule a course that meets your needs.


Learning and Development

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000