Journal of Ocean Technology call for content - renewable ocean energy
The spring 2021 issue of The Journal of Ocean Technology will focus on renewable ocean energy.
The editorial team is inviting the submission of technical papers, essays and short articles for this issue.
Technical papers describe cutting edge research and present the results of new (i.e., not previously published) research in ocean technology, science or engineering, and be no more than 7,500 words in length. Student papers are welcome.
Essays present well-informed observations and conclusions, and identify key issues for the oceans community in a concise manner. They are written at a level that would be understandable by a non-specialist. As essays are less formal than a technical paper, they do not include abstracts or a listing of references. Typical essay lengths are up to 3,000 words.
Short articles are between 450 and 900 words and focus on how a technology works, evolution or advancement of a technology plus viewpoint/commentary pieces.
- Technical paper submissions: Nov.13 (full papers are required)
- Expressions of interest (EOI) for essays or short articles: Nov. 13, 2020 (if EOI is accepted, the deadline for submission of materials is Jan. 22, 2021)
Expressions of interest should contain the following information:
- Proposed title of article
- Type of article (essay – up to 3,000 words; or short article – up to 900 words)
- Name(s) and affiliation(s) of author(s)
- Short summary of article (no more than 200 words)
Please submit this information to:
Dawn Roche, Managing Editor
The Journal of Ocean Technology