Research Week 2018: Closing Event and Discussion
Join us for Research Week 2018 closing event and discussion focused on the following question: If you could envision a perfect relationship between Memorial University’s researchers and Indigenous communities, what would it look like and how do we get there?
Date: Thursday, May 17
Time: 7-9 p.m.
Location: Room PE-2001, Physical Education Building, St. John's Campus
Parking: Available in Lot 18.
Catharyn Andersen, Special Advisor to the President on Aboriginal Affairs, will be moderating the conversation and will be joined by the following panel members:
- Marguerite MacKenzie, professor emerita, Department of Linguistics;
- Carolyn Sturge Sparks, co-ordinator, Aboriginal Health Initiative, Division of Community Health and Humanities, Faculty of Medicine;
- Kelly Ann Butler, student affairs officer, Aboriginal Affairs, Grenfell Campus;
- Amy Hudson, manager, Research, Education and Culture, NunatuKavut; and
- Scott Neilsen, assistant professor, Department of Archaeology/Labrador Institute
Participants can also join this event virtually. Please follow these instructions:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/193189701
To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-18.104.22.168
Meeting ID : 193189701
To join via phone :
+1.408.740.7256 (United States)
+1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)
+1.408.317.9253 (Alternate number)
(see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
2) Enter Conference ID : 193189701