Opening a Research Account
When the necessary certifications have been awarded, Research Grant and Contract Services (RGCS) and/or Strategic Institutional Research Initiatives (SIRI) will work with Financial and Administrative Services to open the research accounts.
To do so, the researcher should provide:
- Project description: Normally, this will already have been filed with the RGCS through a copy of a grant application or project proposal.
- Copy of the award notice in the case of a research grant or the formal agreement with the company or agency in the case of a research contract or clinical trial. Any such agreement must be signed or co-signed by RGCS on behalf of the university.
- A project budget, which in the case of research contracts or clinical trials must make provision for university indirect costs (overheads).
- Departmental and faculty approval.
- Approvals for use of human subjects, animals or biohazardous materials if applicable to the project.