Dr. Stephanie Young
Cross appointment, Eastern Health
Dr. Young received her BSc (pharmacy) from Memorial University in 1990, her PharmD from Idaho State University in 2003, and her MSc (medicine) from Memorial University in 2009. She worked for over 15 years as a hospital pharmacist in a number of clinical pharmacy areas (cardiology, pediatric oncology, critical care, general medicine) before joining the School of Pharmacy full time in September 2003.
Research Areas of Interest:
- Health Policies
- Health Services
- Professional Practice
- Prevention and Treatment of Venous Thromboembolism
Teaching Areas of Interest: Therapeutics of cardiovascular disease
Current Project: Implementation and evaluation of a thrombosis and anticoagulation management program to facilitate safer management of patients receiving anticoagulant therapies.
- Patients' and physicians' satisfaction with a pharmacist managed anticoagulation program in a family medicine clinic. Bishop L, Young S, Twells L, Dillon C, Hawboldt J. BMC Res Notes. 2015 Jun 9;8:233. doi: 10.1186/s13104-015-1187-8.
- Comparison of pharmacist managed anticoagulation with usual medical care in a family medicine clinic. Young SW, Bishop LD, Twells L, Dillon CM, Hawboldt J, O’Shea P. BMC Family Practice 2011, 12:88
- Patient attitudes regarding the role of the pharmacist and interest in expanded pharmacist services. Kelly DV, Young S, Phillips L, Clark D. Can Pharm J July/August 2014 vol. 147 no. 4 239-247 doi: 10.1177/1715163514535731
- Pharmacist and physician views on collaborative practice: Findings from the community pharmaceutical care project. Kelly DV, Bishop L, Young S, Hawboldt J, Phillips L, Keough TM. Can Pharm J (Ott). 2013 Jul;146(4):218-26. doi: 10.1177/1715163513492642.
- Wyeth Apothecary Award, PANL (2009)
- Fellow of the School of Graduate Studies, Memorial University (2009)
- General Hospital Foundation Scholarship, Eastern Health (2002)
Dr. Stephanie Young