Dr. Lisa Bishop
Dr. Lisa Bishop graduated from Memorial University of Newfoundland with her Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy in 1995, completed a hospital pharmacy residency at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Hamilton, Ontario in 1998, and earned her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the University of Colorado in 2007. Dr. Bishop joined Memorial University School of Pharmacy in July 2006.
Research areas of interest:
- Substance use education
- Cannabis policy
- Opioid stewardship
- Community-based research
Teaching areas of interest: Pharmacy skills, chronic non-malignant pain, neuropathic pain, informatics, leadership, health promotion.
- Development and evaluation of a drug education strategy for youth called Drug Education Centred on Youth Decision Empowerment (DECYDE)
- Legal Cannabis: Making space for safe use in Newfoundland and Labrador. Rachel Howells and Bethany Torraville. The Gazette, Memorial University. April 14, 2023.
- New drug education program aims to highlight critical gaps in N.L. school curriculum. Newfoundland and Labrador CBC news. March 25, 2023
- School of Pharmacy launches youth drug education strategy in N.L. Memorial University Media Release. Ref. No.: 31. March 23, 2023
- Growing knowledge: Webinar series keeping the cannabis conversation rolling. The Gazette, Memorial University of Newfoundland. Sept 29, 2021.
- Once easily accessible, codeine is more tightly restricted in Newfoundland and Labrador. The Telegram, Newfoundland and Labrador. June 20, 2021
- Cannabis 101: Burning questions about CBD, THC and everything in between. The Gazette, Memorial University of Newfoundland. April 20, 2021
- Alumni Achievement Award, Memorial University School of Pharmacy, 2019
- Leadership in Pharmacy Practice Award, Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists, NL Branch, September 2015
- Isabel E. Stauffer Meritorious Service Award, Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists, February 2014
- Fellow of the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists (FCSHP), October 2013
- School of Pharmacy Excellence in Pharmaceutical Teaching Award, MUN, 2011-2012
- Preceptor of the Year Award, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado, USA, 2009-2010
- Bristol Myers Squibb Teaching Excellence Award, School of Pharmacy, MUN, 2007-2008
- Alfred G. Dawe Distinguished Service Award, CSHP NL Branch, 2006
Dr. Lisa Bishop