Dr. Jennifer Donnan, Assistant Professor
Dr. Jennifer Donnan graduated with a Bachelor of Pharmacy in 2005 (Memorial University), a Hospital Pharmacy Residency in 2006 (London Health Science Centre), a Master of Science (Health Technology Assessment and Management) in 2009 (University of Toronto), a Masters of Business Administration in 2014 (Memorial University) and a Doctor of Philosophy in 2019 (Memorial University).
Research Areas of Interest:
• Choice Modelling in Health Care
• Health Economics and Outcomes Research
• Evidence Synthesis
• Patient Oriented Research
Teaching Areas of Interest:
• Applied Health Research
• Pharmacy Business Management
• Newfoundland and Labrador Cannabis Policy Evaluation
• Patient Centered Decisions: Advancing best practices for measuring patient preferences to support health care decision making.
1. Jennifer Donnan, Zhiwei Gao, Tanis Adey, Kristin Walsh, David Pace, Laurie Twells. Prioritization for Bariatric Surgery: Capturing Canadian Patient Preference Weights using a Discrete Choice Experiment. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. Accepted February 2020.
2. Jennifer R Donnan, Karissa Johnston, Eugene Chibrikov, Carlo A Marra, Kris Aubrey-Bassler, Mehdi Najafzadeh, Hai Nguyen, John-Michael Gamble. Capturing Adult Patient Preferences Toward Benefits and Risks of Second-Line Antihyperglycemic Medications Used in Type 2 Diabetes: A Discrete Choice Experiment. Canadian Journal of Diabetes, 2020, Volume 44, Issue 1, 6 - 13
3. Jennifer R. Donnan, Catherine Grandy, Eugene Chibrikov, Carlo A. Marra, Kris Aubrey-Bassler, Karissa Johnston, Michelle Swab, Jenna Hache, Daniel Curnew, Hai Nguyen, John-Michael Gamble. Comparative safety of the sodium glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors: A systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ Open 2019;9:e022577. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-022577.
4. John-Michael Gamble, Jennifer R. Donnan, Eugene Chibrikov, Laurie K. Twells, William K. Midodzi, Sumit R. Majumdar. Comparative Safety of Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 Inhibitors Versus Sulfonylureas and Other Glucose-lowering Therapies for Three Acute Outcomes. Sci Rep 8, 15142 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-33483-y.
5. Jennifer R Donnan, Catherine A Grandy, Eugene Chibrikov, Carlo Marra, Kris Aubrey-Bassler, Karissa Johnston, Michelle Swab, Jenna Hache, Daniel Curnew, Hai Nguyen, John-Michael Gamble. Dose Response of Sodium Glucose Co-Transporter-2 Inhibitors on Urinary Tract Infections: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-Analysis . CMAJ Open. doi: 10.9778/cmajo.20180111 cmajo December 10, 2018 vol. 6 no. 4 E594-E602