Links to resources on the web to assist in both your teaching and your learning experiences.
British National Curriculum
- Focusing on Students: The ISSP and Pathways Commission Report[PDF] - 2007 Report from the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador regarding the Pathways Program.
- The Teddy Stallard Story - Fictional movie that demonstrates the power of taking an interest in your students.
- Lesson Plans - A collection of lesson plans covering mulitple disciplines.
- Measurement, Assessment, and Evaluation in Education - Article discussing the differences between measurement, assessment and evaluation
- The Problem is not Discipline - Article highlighting the differences between dicipline and classroom management.
- Effective Teaching - Your First Days - Article discussing how effective planning can have a positive result in classroom management.
- Classroom Management Plan - Principles for classroom management.
- New Teachers Rarely Learn Classroom Management - Washington Post article discussing classroom management.
- You can Handle Them All - A reference for handling over 117 misbehaviours at school and home.
Other Helpful Links
- Newfoundland and Labrador Teachers Association (NLTA)
- S.M.A.R.T. Goal Setting - A system for mananging and realising your goals and expectations.
- Goal Setting Guide - A system for mananging and realising your goals and expectations.
- Professional Learning Communities: Communities of continuous inquiry and Improvement - Essay discussing the issues facing professional development and its effect on the culture of improvement in schools.
- Why I choose Teaching - Sample statement of why someone would want to become a teacher.
- NLTA Mentoring Beginning Teachers [PDF] - NLTA Mentoring Beginning Teachers Handbook.
- Edmodo - Allowing teachers to post messages, discuss classroom topics, assign and grade classwork, share content and materials, and network and exchange ideas with their peers - and so much more.
- Angry Kids and Stressed Out Parents