Testimonials: ESL Conversation Partner Program
Below is a video testimonial provided by Leisha Toory, a Conversation Partner Volunteer with the ESL Conversation Partner Program.
Below is the feedback provided by some of our ESL Conversation Partner Program (CPP) participants.
How does your experience compare to your initial expectations?
- The experience has been better than I expected. (A.G.) - Spring 2020
- I've been growing more and more interested in the program as the weeks go by. I'm learning about life from another student's perspective because we are from different countries. The ESL CPP has also been helping me to get better at carrying on long conversations. (Amin) - Spring 2020
- Our conversations are not as awkward as I expected them to be. (Sabrina) - Spring 2020
What are the highlights of your experience so far in the ESL Conversation Partner Program?
- I have found our discussions comparing my country with my conversation partner's country to be really interesting. (Amin) - Spring 2020
- Though I'm not fluent, I am more confident to speak English. (Kevin) - Spring 2020
- I love meeting people from around the world and listening to their stories. It's extremely rewarding when students learn new words or different ways to express themselves. (Mayra) - Spring 2020
- My conversation partner and I have become great friends - we have even spent time together with our loved ones. I think that we have built a friendship that will last beyond this summer. (Sabrina) - Spring 2020
Would you like to know more about our ESL Conversation Partner Program (CPP)? Visit our ESL CPP page. The ESL CPP program is open to ALL of Memorial students (ESL students, undergraduate students, and graduate students).