Discovery Tour for School Groups
A boat tour of the central part of Bonne Bay will give students hands-on contact with the marine environment. Students will use scientific equipment to sample seawater, and collect some of the smallest creatures found in the ocean. Then it is back to the Norris Point waterfront to explore the wonderful creatures housed in our aquarium.
The Bonne Bay fjord boat trip, where lucky students may observe whales and bald eagles, includes:
- Sampling deep seawater and study of the properties of seawater.
- Collecting tiny marine plankton in a trawl, and learning about marine food webs.
- A guided tour of the Public Aquarium where the deep water animals of the bay can be seen close up.
- Getting their hands wet among the rocky shore creatures living in our touch tank.
- Learning the importance of marine research.
Cost for up to 4o students:
From Norris Point waterfront: $400 (including HST).
From Woody Point waterfront $450 (including HST).
For reservations call +1 (709) 458-2550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org