How to Apply
Important Deadlines for 2021 BSW Admissions:
- March 1, 2021: Application deadline for BSW program (First and Second Degree).
- April 15, 2020: Deadline for receipt of detailed course outlines/syllabi for transfer credit evaluations. This deadline is only applicable to students requesting transfer credit evaluations for courses completed at other other post-secondary institutions.
- May 15, 2020: Deadline for receipt of final transcripts. (This does not require any action for students who have only taken courses at MUN).
- May 15, 2020: Deadline for confirmation of degree (for Second Degree BSW). (This does not require any action for students who have received a degree from MUN).
- Information for applicants submitting official documents from other post-secondary institutions: https://www.mun.ca/undergrad/admissions/applied/supporting-docs.php
Application to the BSW program (First & Second Degree), 2021
How to Apply:
- For current Memorial University Students: Apply through the self-service menu through Admissions>Undergraduate Program. When you arrive at the undergraduate program menu, there is a link to apply to programs for Fall 2021. Please follow this link to access application.
- For all other applicants: The BSW application for Fall 2021 is available online at the following link: https://apply.mun.ca/apply
Application Instructions (for all applicants):
- To apply, applicants must select "Create Account" or if you have already created an account, Sign In.
- Once your account is created and you are signed in, select "Create Application" and then select your campus (St. John’s) and area of interested (Social Work Undergraduate).
- There are two academic programs to choose from: Bachelor of Social Work (First Degree) and Bachelor of Social Work (Second Degree).
- Applicants applying to the Second Degree who wish to be considered for the First Degree program should they be unsuccessful in obtaining a seat in the Second Degree program, only require one application. The Second Degree application provides a space for applicants to state whether or not they would like to pursue this option.
- The required experience and statement portion of the application is located under “Supplemental Items and Documents.” Applicants are to upload the required information by March 1, 2021. PDF files are preferred.
- All work experience/volunteer experience and/or community involvement in human services must be summarized in one document.
- The personal statement must be summarized in a second document.
- Once the files are uploaded, applicants cannot edit or retrieve these documents.
- The application deadline is March 1, 2021 for a Fall 2021 start date. Late applications will not be considered.
School of Social Work (Social Work program or application)
Tel: (709) 864-8165
Office of the Registrar (Memorial University application or general admission)
Phone: (709) 864-4431