BSW as a Second Degree
Second Degree BSW
- The BSW program is accredited by the Canadian Association of Social Work Education (CASWE) and qualifies graduates for beginning professional practice in social work settings.
- The BSW Second Degree is designed for students who have completed an undergraduate degree.
- The program is comprised of course work and two 350 hour field practicums.
- The BSW is not a direct-entry program. Admission Requirements for the BSW program are outlined in the University Calendar.
- Entry to the BSW program is competitive and selection of candidates for admission is based on academic standing and relevant experience/involvement in human services.
- The BSW as a Second Degree consists of 60 credit hours completed over a two-year period.
- Once admitted to the Second Degree program, students complete the degree full-time, at the St. John's campus in the Fall and Winter semesters only.
- Since the BSW is not a direct entry program, students wishing to complete the required prerequisite courses, must apply for general admission and be accepted to Memorial University as an undergraduate student. Applicants can apply online for general admission to Memorial.
- For more information regarding the second degree BSW program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information regarding general admission to Memorial University, please contact email@example.com