BSW as a Second Degree
Second Degree BSW
- The BSW program is accredited by the Canadian Association of Social Work Education (CASWE) and qualifies graduates for beginning professional practice in social work settings.
- The BSW Second Degree is designed for students who have completed an undergraduate degree.
- The program is comprised of course work and two 350 hour field practicums.
- The BSW is not a direct-entry program. Admission Requirements for the BSW program are outlined in the University Calendar.
- Entry to the BSW program is competitive and selection of candidates for admission is based on academic standing and relevant experience/involvement in human services.
- The BSW as a Second Degree consists of 60 credit hours completed over a two-year period.
- Once admitted to the Second Degree program, students complete the degree full-time, at the St. John's campus in the Fall and Winter semesters only.