BSW as a First Degree
First Degree BSW
- The BSW program is accredited by the Canadian Association of Social Work Education (CASWE) and qualifies graduates for beginning professional practice in social work settings.
- The program is comprised of course work and two 350 hour field practicums.
- The BSW is not a direct-entry program. Admission Requirements for the BSW program are outlined in the University Calendar.
- Entry to the BSW program is competitive and selection of candidates for admission is based on academic standing and relevant experience/involvement in human services.
- The First Degree BSW is a 120 credit hour program (equivalent to four years).
- The 30 credit hours of prerequisites are considered the first year of the program. Successful applicants are admitted to the program as second year students.
- Once students are admitted to a BSW program, the program is an on-campus and full-time program over three years during the Fall and Winter semesters only.
- Since the BSW is not a direct entry program, students wishing to complete the 30 credit hours of prerequisite courses, must apply and be accepted to Memorial University as an undergraduate student. For information regarding general admission to Memorial University, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org