BSW as a First Degree
First Degree BSW
- The BSW program is accredited by the Canadian Association of Social Work Education (CASWE) and qualifies graduates for beginning professional practice in social work settings.
- The program is comprised of course work and two 350 hour field practicums.
- The BSW is not a direct-entry program. Admission Requirements for the BSW program are outlined in the University Calendar.
- Entry to the BSW program is competitive and selection of candidates for admission is based on academic standing and relevant experience/involvement in human services.
- The First Degree BSW is a 120 credit hour program (equivalent to four years).
- The 30 credit hours of prerequisites are considered the first year of the program. Successful applicants are admitted to the program as second year students.
- Once students are admitted to a BSW program, the program is an on-campus and full-time program over three years during the Fall and Winter semesters only.
- Since the BSW is not a direct entry program, students wishing to complete the 30 credit hours of prerequisite courses, must apply and be accepted to Memorial University as an undergraduate student.
- For information regarding general admission to Memorial University, please contact email@example.com