Get Microsoft Office for free
Memorial University students, faculty and staff can now download Microsoft Office for free!
How do I get it?
It's too easy! Go to Office 365 and log in using your MUN email address and password.
All students, faculty and staff can install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher (PC only), and Access (PC only) on up to 5 personally-owned PCs or Macs and Office apps on other mobile devices including Windows tablets and iPads® for free! When you sign up and log in, you'll see the Install Office button.
What's coming in the near future
Memorial and Microsoft have partnered to deliver education tools to inspire, engage, collaborate, and work wonders in and out of the classroom. The Office ProPlus download is the first benefit of many more to come!
Over the next year, improved email, websites, online document editing and storage, and web conferencing tools will become available. Planning to deliver these services is currently underway. Communications will ensure that you’ll know when to expect them, and how to maximize them!
Frequently asked questions
- What Office applications does the free download include?
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access
- What happens when I graduate or my employment at Memorial ends?
- When you graduate or are no longer an employee of Memorial, your Office subscription through Memorial ends. You may enroll into other consumer or commercial offers available.
- Are retired faculty and staff or alumni eligible for free Office through Memorial?
- Unfortunately, no. The agreement between Microsoft and Memorial only allows current students, faculty and staff to download the software for free.
- If I recently purchased Office and am now eligible for free Office though Memorial, will I receive any credit or compensation?
- Unfortunately, no. The Office purchased is a consumer offering and you can continue to take advantage of the purchased offer. However, if you purchased Office as a subscription, you may allow it to expire and then avail of the free download as long as you are a Memorial University student or employee at the time it expires.
- Do I use the link above to install Office on a university-owned device?
- No. Software on university-owned devices should only be installed by your IT administrator to ensure compatibility and license compliance. To get access to Microsoft Office Professional Plus for university-owned devices, contact IT Procurement (St. John's Campus), Grenfell Campus Help Desk or Marine Institute Help Desk.
- I need help installing, where do I go?
- Use the PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows Phone setup and usage guides for installation instructions.
- What if I am a Grenfell or Marine Institute student?
- Grenfell students can contact the Grenfell Campus Help Desk at email@example.com or 709-639-2049
- Marine Institute students can contact the MI Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 709-778-0628
- Can I use an email alias to log in to Office 365?
- Email aliases will not grant access. Please use your original MUN-provided email address.
For more information, please contact: