Microsoft Office for personal devices
Go to Microsoft 365 and log in by entering your MUN email address (@mun.ca, @grenfell.mun.ca or @mi.mun.ca) and your password. Eligible students, faculty and staff can install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher (PC only), and Access (PC only) on up to 5 personally-owned PCs or Macs and Office apps on other mobile devices including Windows tablets and iPads® for free! After you log in, you'll see the Install Office button.
Eligibility for Microsoft Office for personal devices
- Current students
- Current faculty (including ASMs, per course instructors, honorary research professors, and professor emeriti)
- Current staff
(Retirees, clinical faculty, adjunct faculty, visiting scholars, professional associates, casual or part-time staff, staff on salary continuance, CNS faculty are not eligible for Microsoft Office for personal use.)
Microsoft Office on personal devices is intended for personal use and support for the service is provided on a “best effort” basis. If you require assistance, please review the troubleshooting tips below before contacting the ITS Service Desk.
ITS updated Memorial’s Microsoft environment in May 2022 and anyone who has downloaded Microsoft Office on their personal device prior to this date is required to complete the following:
[This does not apply to a Memorial managed and owned device. These steps only apply to users who have downloaded and installed Microsoft Office on their personal devices.]
- Confirm you are eligible for Microsoft Office for personal devices.
- Set up Microsoft 365 sign-in for multi-factor authentication.
- Log out and log back into any Office application installed on your device.
- Do the following:
From any Office app, select the File menu and then select Account near the bottom of the menu.
- Under Product Information, select the Change License
- If there is no Change License button, you may need to install Office updates.
- If necessary, sign in using your MUN Login (@mun.ca) account.
- After you sign in select Next to continue, Office picks the license automatically and begins the update process.
- Close all Office apps to finish the process.
From any Office app, sign out and sign in using your MUN Login (@mun.ca) account.
Close all Office applications
- Check Windows settings > Accounts > Access work or school
- Remove all @mun.ca accounts: Add or remove accounts on your PC (microsoft.com)
- Add your @mun.ca account to office with current credentials: Add or remove accounts on your PC (microsoft.com)
If still unable to authenticate your license:
- Contact the ITS Service Desk to verify your license.
- Install and run Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.
- Select Office > I am unable to sign-in to activate or use Office apps.