CUPE PD Fund
University employees who are members of CUPE 1615 are eligible to apply for funding from the CUPE Professional Development Fund to support their professional development goals and objectives.
With an annual budget of $50,000, this fund has been in place since April 1, 2009.
How to apply for funding support
If you wish to apply for funding assistance, please follow the Application Submission Checklist below to ensure your application package is submitted in full. The CUPE Professional Development Fund Committee cannot render a decision on your application if it is incomplete.
The fund committee will review applications and the decision will be communicated to applicants and their departmental representatives in writing.
Applications should be submitted, at a minimum, one month prior to the commencement of the professional development activity. Please endeavor to submit your complete application package with as much advance notice as possible.
Application submission information
The application form (available in the forms section of the my.mun.ca portal under Employee Development) must include a breakdown of all costs associated with the professional development activity. These costs can include, but are not limited to, air transportation, ground transportation, meals, registration fees and accommodations. Please refer to the Travel – General policy for information.
Please consult the Application Submission Checklist below to ensure you have included all required information with your submission. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered and will be returned to the applicant.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the efforts they have made to secure funding from other sources. The preferred arrangement would be a cost-shared commitment from the employee's department, school or faculty to support 50 per cent of the total cost.
Application Submission Checklist
Prior to submitting your application for funding, please ensure you have included the following information:
- Signed application form (i.e. by applicant and applicant's supervisor)
- Explanation of benefit to employee and department, school, faculty
- Development activity details (i.e. program brochure, agenda, etc.)
- Detailed breakdown in Canadian dollars of all costs associated with development activity (note,professional association fees, membership fees, exam fees, distance education fees, program materials and course materials are not funded under this program)
- Proof of costs associated with development activity (i.e. receipt or quote for tuition, conference registration, etc.)
- Proof of costs associated with travel to development activity if applicable (i.e. receipt or quote for airfare in form of itinerary, accommodation, meals included with accommodation or venue, per diems, etc.)
- Proof of department/school/faculty funding support available (i.e. letter of support from dean/director/administrative head acknowledging funding contribution)
- Member of CUPE Local 1615
- Previous professional development in last two years
- Amount of financial commitment from department, school or faculty
- Benefit to the employee and department, school or faculty
- Application submission must be received in full with all required applicable information attached
Please send completed applications to MyHR, Department of Human Resources, Arts & Administration Building, A-4023B or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If submitting by email, please write "CUPE PD Fund Application" in the subject line.
Please email inquiries about this fund to email@example.com.