Memorial Reaches Tentative Agreements With NAPE
Memorial University has reached tentative agreements with the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Public and Private Employees (NAPE) for locals: 7803 and 1804; 7804 and 1809; 7801; 7850; and 7405. These locals represent the following:
- Campus Enforcement and Patrol personnel on the St. John’s campus* and Grenfell Campus
- Custodial personnel on the St. John’s campus* and Grenfell Campus
- Maintenance personnel on the St. John’s campus* and Grenfell Campus
- Support staff at the Marine Institute
- Instructors, Demonstrators, Research Scientists, and Research and Technical personnel at the Marine Institute
*This includes personnel at the Signal Hill Campus.
NAPE will now bring the tentative agreements to its membership for voting. No details of the tentative agreements will be released until the union has had an opportunity to conduct its ratification votes.
Memorial’s and NAPE’s bargaining teams worked together in achieving a successful outcome. The university is pleased with the process that led us to the tentative agreements and thanks everyone involved.