Our Vision, Mission, and Values
Strengthening human relationships and promoting social justice through academic excellence.
To promote social justice by providing social work education, conducting scholarly inquiry, disseminating knowledge, and contributing to public policy and practice, thereby addressing the needs and aspirations of the local and global communities with whom we collaborate and interact.
We uphold the core values outlined by the Canadian Association of Social Workers:
- Respect for the Inherent Dignity and Worth of Persons
- Pursuit of Social Justice
- Service to Humanity
- Integrity of Professional Practice
- Confidentiality in Professional Practice
- Competence in Professional Practice
We especially value a commitment to vulnerable people, empathy, equity, safety, collegiality, openness, autonomy, transparency, intellectual curiosity, creativity, and a strong sense of humour.