FAQ for Poster Design
Making your first poster can be difficult, so we have compiled some frequently asked questions and resources for you.
- StemCell: 7 Tips for Preparing a Winning Scientific Poster Presentation
- In Depth Descriptions & Examples of posters
- "Science" tips & tricks
Frequently Asked Questions
The average conference posters are 3ft x 4ft (90cm x 120cm) and 4ft x 4ft (120cm x 120cm), but you are not restricted to these sizes. The boards are quite large and can accommodate a poster/other material up to 4ft x 8ft (120cm x 240cm).
There are several on-campus options:
- https://thecommons.mun.ca/labnet.php (Library)
- https://www.mun.ca/printandmail/ (Ingstad building)
- https://www.munsu35.ca/the-attic (University Center)
You can also print your poster at your local Staples or office supply store.
We recommend requesting printing of your poster at least one week in advance of your presentation date.
- Brief description of methods, results, conclusions, discussion, references