Current Students Requesting Program Changes

Memorial Self-Service: Admissions Menu

Use this route to apply for:

  • Readmission to the university, if you are not a current student (i.e. you have not registered for courses for three or more semesters at the undergraduate degree or MI diploma-level and you wish to return to the studies at the same level);
  • Admission or readmission to an undergraduate degree program with selective or competitive admission:
    • a program offered by the Faculty of Education, Faculty of Engineering, Fisheries and Marine Institute, School of Human Kinetics and Recreation, School of Music, School of Pharmacy, or School of Social Work, or
    • the Bachelor of Nursing (Nursing Consortium), Bachelor of Commerce (Faculty of Business Administration), Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts or Theatre) (Grenfell Campus), or international Bachelor of Business Administration (Faculty of Business Administration).
  • Admission to a graduate program (i.e. graduate diploma, master, or doctoral program);
  • Admission to an undergraduate degree program if you are a current Marine Institute diploma or a graduate student; or
  • Admission to a Marine Institute diploma program if you are an undergraduate or graduate degree student.

Applications for admission/readmission to some programs listed above may require the submission of additional supporting documents. Admission to these programs, and related communication, is handled by the faculty or school that offers the program.

Declare/Change Program of Study Form

Use the appropriate version of this form if you are a current undergraduate student under the university’s general Continuance and Readmission regulations and you wish to change your program of study to one offered by one of the following faculties or the Grenfell Campus:

    • Faculty of Business Administration (other than programs above),
    • Faculty of Humanities and Social Science,
    • Faculty of Science, or
    • Grenfell Campus (other than Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees).

Use this form to update your current program if you wish to add a major or minor (if your current program’s regulations provide for that option) that is offered by one of the academic units above.

Some majors in the areas above require that you submit a separate departmental form. Students are advised to consult the appropriate section of the University Calendar and the academic unit or department involved to confirm the correct route to follow.

Current students who meet the requirements to continue, under the university's general Continuance and Readmission regulations, need not apply to maintain their active student status at Memorial in their current program of study. You can view your current program of study online on Memorial Self-Service under the "Academic Information" menu.

Students who are new to Memorial University will find complete information concerning application and admission to Memorial, including links to program information and the university’s online application for admission, here.

Still not sure how to proceed with your request? Contact and we will be happy to advise you.



Office of the Registrar

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000