Memorial to offer remote program delivery for fall 2020
Memorial University will welcome new and returning students to a primarily remote teaching and learning environment for the fall semester. Full in-person, on-campus courses will not resume before January 2021. More info here
We hope you are doing well under the circumstances. In light of COVID 19:
- IO staff are providing our critical support for international students remotely.
- Working remotely means we will be supporting you using emails and other social media platforms including facebook messenger, skype and Zoom.
- You can book appointment with immigration advisors using the Navigate App. If you are having difficulty in booking appointment please email Arif Abu at email@example.com
- If you have any questions regarding your health insurance then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a list of community-based supports available to you:
- Bridge the gApp: way to connect with guidance and supports for mental health in NL: www.bridgethegapp.ca/adult/
- 24-hour mental health crisis line: (709) 737-4668 (local)/1-888-737-4668 (province-wide)
- Mobile Crisis Response Team: 1-888-737-4668 (St. John’s)
- 24-hour walk-in Psychiatric Assessment Unit, Waterford Hospital, (709) 777-3021/(709) 777-3022
We know this is a difficult time and the supports listed above are available to you and/or your friends and family if needed.
To visit Memorial's COVID-19 response page please click here.
Memorial has also created this frequently asked questions document that will continue to be updated as decisions are made and information is available to be shared.
Here at the Internationalization Office, we manage student mobility for students coming to Memorial University and Memorial students wishing to travel abroad. We help facilitate collaborations with our current partners, while attempting to expand our reach and establish new partnerships with universities across the globe to increase the possibilities of both student, faculty and staff exchange.
In addition, our team at the Internationalization Office are here to help new and current international students, whether you need information, or just a friendly chat. We can talk to you about health insurance, immigration, academic and career options and how to get settled here in the city of St. John's.
About Us: Memorial University is committed to internationalization, international co-operation, student mobility and cultural sensitivity. We welcome international visitors and we strive to collaborate with educational institutions, businesses, governments, foundations, benefactors and alumni around the world in order to enrich research and teaching, and to ensure we offer outstanding programs for faculty and students.
For Memorial students looking to go on an exchange, look no further. You can choose semester-long exchanges, summer schools, or even field schools in more than 130 destinations throughout the globe. There are dozens of scholarship opportunities to assist students in making their international adventure a reality.
For international students, Memorial is an ideal exchange destination. As of 2018, there were over 3,200 international students at Memorial comprising 17 per cent of the student population. Memorial boasts an extremely high level of student satisfaction, and more than nine out of 10 students would recommend the University to a friend. We have hundreds of programs to choose from, and our small classroom sizes provide students the opportunity to learn in an enriching and welcoming environment. Memorial also welcomes visiting scholars, researchers, and international delegations.
Other International Offices at Memorial:
- The English as a Second Language Unit provides English Courses and a bridging program. ESL courses also run at Grenfell Campus.
- The Office of Student Recruitment completes a wide range of recruitment and outreach activities to Canadian and international prospective undergraduate students.
- Grenfell Campus attracts international students to its unique programs.
- The Faculty of Business Administration has its own International Programs Office.
- Marine Institute International manages a significant number of projects internationally.
- The School of Graduate Studies administers all master's and doctoral programs at Memorial and facilitates international research collaboration, joint programs, joint supervision and short-term visits.