|FALL SEMESTER||WINTER SEMESTER|
|Mathematics 1000 (or 1090)1||Mathematics 1001 (or 1000)1|
|any two of: |
Biology 1001, Chemistry 1050 or Physics 1020 (1050)2,3
|any two of: |
Biology 1002, Chemistry 1051 or Physics 1021 (1051)2,3
|Psychology 1000||Psychology 1001|
|English 1090||critical reading and writing (CRW) course4|
- If you are completing Mathematics 1090/1000, you will be required to complete Mathematics 1001 as well.
- If you are registered in Physics 1050, you must also be registered in, or have received credit for, Mathematics 1000 (not 1090). You should consult with an advisor about whether to take Physics 1020 and 1021 or Physics 1050 and 1051. Picking one of these sequences may prevent you from meeting the prerequisites for other courses.
- Selection of higher level courses is often dependent on completing the prerequisites for these courses in first year. You may wish to take chemistry and physics in your first year and biology in your second year. Or, you can take biology in your first year and either physics or chemistry in your second year.
- You are required to complete six credit hours in CRW courses, including at least three credit hours in English courses.
- If you are interested in pursuing a major in behavioural neuroscience, you should carefully plan which courses you take in your first year to ensure that you meet the program requirements. If you are interested in a joint program in biochemistry, biology, or nutrition, or a minor program, you will need to be familiar with the recommended second year courses.
For assistance with course selection, contact the Academic Advising Centre.