Faculty of Science Dean's List Criteria
The Dean's List is selected in June of each year. The top 10 per cent of students in the Faculty of Science are admitted to the Dean's List, provided that they have met the following requirements:
- registered for the degree of B.Sc. or B.Sc. honours (undeclared first-year students are also eligible if they meet the remaining criteria);
- completed at least 9 courses (27 credit hours) over two of the previous three semesters, attained an average grade of at least 80% and a GPA of 3.50 in these courses;1
- taken at least 6 of those courses (18 credit hours) from departments in the Faculty of Science, inclusive of the Departments of Economics and Geography.
- A student who completed a co-op work term during the nomination period is eligible if a Pass With Distinction was awarded in that period.
- Other nominations may be made at the discretion of the Dean of Science in recognition of academic performance of exceptional merit.
NOTES: Typically the top 10 per cent of students in the Faculty of Science satisfying the criteria above have average grades greater than 83 per cent.
1. For the 2020 Dean of Science Dean's List, students who attained no more than two grades of PAS and no grades of FAL in winter 2020 courses for which a numeric grade or a postponed final exam was offered.