Joint Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
Students pursuing the joint degrees of bachelor of science and bachelor of arts will normally take the following courses in their first year:
|FALL SEMESTER||WINTER SEMESTER|
|English 1090||Critical reading and writing (CRW) course from B.A. major program|
|Math 1000 or 10901||Math 1001 or 10001|
|BA major program course||BA major program course|
|B.Sc. major program course||B.Sc. major program course|
|BA or B.Sc. course2||BA or B.Sc. course2|
- The choice of a mathematics course will depend on the major program(s) chosen.
- You should consult with an academic advisor to discuss whether a BA or B.Sc. course should be selected.
The minimum of 135 credit hours for the joint degree of bachelor of arts and bachelor of science shall include:
- a major program from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the interdisciplinary arts majors, with the exception computer science, mathematics and statistics, and psychology majors
- a major program from the Faculty of Science, with the exception of economics and geography
- the BA core requirements, including six credit hours in mathematics courses to meet the quantitative reasoning requirement
- six credit hours in courses from each of two sciences other than mathematics
- a total of at least 78 credit hours in courses offered by departments within the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- a total of at least 78 credit hours offered by departments within the Faculty of Science
- Credit hours earned in computer science, economics, geography, mathematics and statistics, and psychology may be eligible to simultaneously satisfy a requirement for the BA and B.Sc.
- no more than six credit hours in courses offered by a faculty or school other than the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences or the Faculty of Science
- Admission into the major programs will follow the regulations of the appropriate faculty and department.
- While the program is available to all major programs offered by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Science, students pursuing a major outside of computer science, economics, geography, psychology, pure mathematics or statistics should pay special attention to course planning and selection to ensure that this requirement is met within the required 135 credit hours.
- To help you plan your degree, visit the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences' anticipated future course offerings.
For assistance with course selection, contact the Academic Advising Centre.