International Bachelor of Arts
Students pursuing the international bachelor of arts will normally take the following courses in their first year:
An international bachelor of arts (iBA) degree requires the completion of 120 credit hours which include:
- major or honours program
- minor (or second major) program
- core requirements of the bachelor of arts
- breadth of knowledge
- critical reading and writing (CRW)
- language study (LS)
- quantitative reasoning (QR)
- additional university-level LS courses
- international studies (IS) courses
- participation in either an international study or internship placement requiring residency outside of Canada
Additional language study requirements
You must complete 12 credit hours in LS courses as outlined by the Faculty's LS requirements:
- six credit hours in university-level study of a single language to satisfy the LS requirement
- six additional credit hours in eligible LS courses
International studies course requirements
You must complete a minimum of 24 credit hours in designated IS courses as outlined by the Faculty's IS requirements.
Future course offerings
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences posts anticipated future course offerings to help you plan your degree.
For assistance with course selection, contact the Academic Advising Centre.