Major Research Partnerships (MRP)
Major Research Partnerships (MRP) is a division within RGCS responsible for the overall financial and administrative management of Memorial's major research collaborations funded by the Atlantic Innovation Fund (AIF) or Petroleum Research Newfoundland & Labrador (PRNL) and for assisting in the development of new industrial research collaborations funded via these programs. MRP’s management responsibilities encompass a range of pre-award, post-award and project completion activities of Atlantic Innovation Fund projects.
MRP Pre-Award Activities
- Provide advice and assistance to researchers in preparing Letters of Intent (LOI) and final proposals and ensure agency and institution guidelines are met.
- In the application process, MRP would assist with:
- budget development,
- identifying eligible matching research funding opportunities,
- liaison with industry and agency participants,
- liaison on IP and commercialisation considerations.
- Liaise with RGCS pre-award services on final application submission, contract execution and account opening.
MRP Post-Award Activities
- Develop, review and negotiate contractual agreements with project partners including liaison with the Innovation Group and RGCS on partnership agreements and obtaining mandatory institutional signatures.
- Oversee project activities and negotiate any material changes to contractual terms and conditions. Responsibilities would include review and approval of project budgets and work plans in accordance with agency and institutional guidelines.
- Authorize expenses and manage the expense claim process.
- Facilitate the hiring of project staff through engagement with Human Resources, commencing with the hiring of a project manager to assist the PI with day-to-day project administration and guide the scheduling of project activities.
- Provide institutional signature on MRP processed financial claims.
- Other related activities.
MRP Project Completion Activities
MRP works with the PI to ensure the project is completed on budget and all reporting requirements are met and communicated to the project sponsors. MRP facilitates the transfer of technology through engagement with the Innovation Group on the protection and commercialisation of IP, negotiations with project partners and/or the assessment of commercialisation pathways.
To access the Memorial Researcher Portal Memorial Researcher, as well as the Memorial Tools and Resources, please follow this link.