New students are admitted to the School of Music for the fall semester only. The deadline for applications for fall semester is by January 15th of the preceding year. All applicants to the Bachelor of Music program and the Joint Degrees program (Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Business Administration) are required to perform an audition. Find specific requirements for your principle instrument here. Late applications are considered under special circumstances and on instruments or voice where space is available.
Prior to applying, ask a musician who knows you well if they would be willing to write a reference for you (for example, your current private music teacher, school music teacher, choir or band conductor). We recommend you ask their permission and confirm their email address as you will be required to provide your referee’s name and email address within the application.Your referee will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the online reference form. Note that your referee must complete and submit the online Letter of Reference form by February 1, 2020.
Undergraduate applicants are required to pay the School of Music Supplementary Application Fee of $40. The fee is in addition to any general admission/readmission fees that may apply. The fee is non-refundable/non-transferable and will be charged upon submission of this application.
During the application you will be asked to:
- Select your audition instrument. If you are auditioning under more than one instrument, you will need to complete a separate application for each.
- Indicate your audition preference. If you intend to audition by distance, rather than in person, please e-mail email@example.com to indicate whether you will audition by CD/DVD/YouTube video or by live videoconferencing.
- Write a summary of your musical experiences and objectives.
- Provide the name of your referee and their email address. Once your application has been processed, the Office of the Registrar will contact the referee on your behalf requesting the completion of the Teacher Reference Form
- Referees will have a deadline of February 01, 2020 to complete the form. Follow your Application for Admission to monitor the status of this required item, a received date will be added when the reference has been obtained by the Office of the Registrar.
- Submit official academic records from high school or other post-secondary institutions, if applicable to:
The Office of the Registrar
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John’s, NL A1C 5S7
Students who are new to Memorial University: Follow the application instructions provided at www.mun.ca/undergrad/apply.
Current or returning Memorial University students: Use the Admissions menu within Memorial Self-Service.
Incomplete files or late applications may jeopardize admissibility.