Hallowe'en at the Garden
Creature of the Night Guided Tours Below
October 21-22 & 28-29; 10:00am - 3:00pm
We are back for our family-friendly fall fun!
-Ideal for families with children aged 1-10
-Regular admission, but children in costume are FREE
-Average visit time: 1 to 1.5 hrs
What to expect:
There are plenty of spiders, bats, owls, crows, scary plants and even skeletons at the Botanical Garden all fall, so we don't even need to decorate... although we might just a little bit - because it's fun!
This is a non-scary Hallowe'en event (no jump scares, no "gore") Our goal is to have fun while learning all about the nature-based symbols that are used during Hallowe'en. Lots of hands-on fun for everyone!
All activities are self directed:
- Find the Hallowe'en symbols on the forest trail
- Challenge your family to a game of Owl Trivia (NEW!)
- Count the different witches on the boardwalk trail
- Jump in the leaf pile in the large gazebo (weather permitting - we need leaves to fall and dry days to collect!)
- Follow the scarecrows to see what they are spelling in the garden trails
- Count all the pumpkins in the veggie patch
- Listen to our favourite Hallowe'en story books in the greenhouse
- Brave the bone yard to see all the different skeletons
- Play a Hallowe'en game or two in the centre garden area
- Boldly walk through our (pretend) bat tunnel
- Sneak through the spider web obstacle course
- Create some themed crafts in the display room
At 12:00 noon each day we organize a scavenger hunt: Can you find the special item this year? If you find the right one, you may win tickets to our Merry and Bright light festival! All participants will receive a small prize.
Adults can enjoy reading all about our scary plants on the Poisonous Plant Tour. Grab a brochure at the desk and find the plants that have been identified in the gardens with a tombstone.
October 13 – 30, 6:30-7:30pm, OR 7:30-8:30pm
Join us for an after-hours guided forest hike and learn about what goes bump in the night! We will demystify the scary sounds you hear in nature when it is dreadfully dark outside. Learn about the history of Hallowe'en and some local folklore.
This is a 1-hour educational walk, and there are NO jump scares. We recommend this program for ages 9 and up as the walk is dark and spooky in nature. Children under the age of 16 must be supervised.
Friday and Saturday evenings
$12/youth (age 9-19)
Registration is limited: Book Your Tickets Online
Sunday - Thursday evenings
$6/person (all ages)
Minimum group charge of $84
Maximum guided group size of 30 (ideally groups over 20 people will be split into two tours)
Payment to be submitted at the time of the tour, as one transaction.
For more information or to book your youth group, contact us!