Bachelor of Science
The bachelor of science generally takes four years to complete. After one year of study, you may apply to your desired major program; you may also select a minor.
You can choose from a full range of majors, minors and joint programs to pursue your areas of interest while getting excellent preparation for graduate work or careers in your discipline.
Students are encouraged to choose their major after finishing their first year of study.
- Applied mathematics
- Behavioral neuroscience*
- Biology (cell and molecular)*
- Biology (ecology and conservation)*
- Chemistry (biological)
- Computational Chemistry
- Computer science*
- Computer science (smart systems)
- Computer science (software engineering) - honours option*
- Computer Science (visual computing and games)
- Earth sciences
- Environmental physics
- Marine Biology
- Ocean Physics
- Ocean Sciences
- Ocean Sciences (environmental systems)
- Pure mathematics
* co-op available
An optional minor can be chosen from the following disciplines:
- Computer science
- Earth sciences
- Mathematics, including applied mathematics, pure mathematics
- Sustainable aquaculture and fisheries ecology
A minor may also be chosen in:
- business administration
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences subject areas
- international business
- music and culture
- music history
Students who wish to declare more than one major should consult the joint program options listed in the links above. If no joint option exists, students can complete a double major by fulfilling all the requirements of two individual majors.
You may apply for admission into the Faculty of Science by indicating bachelor of science in the appropriate place on the undergraduate application for admission.
Direct entry into the faculty is subject to meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University. Entry into a specific major normally requires the completion of at least 10 three-credit courses at the university level and some majors are competitive for a limited number of placements. Upon completion of the required courses, normally at the end of your first year, you can apply for a major.
Faculty of Science
Yes (with majors as indicated)
Fall, winter and spring semesters
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Students are encouraged to apply by:
- March 1 for fall admission
- Oct. 1 for winter admission
- Feb. 1 for spring admission