When combined with Microsoft Outlook, Exchange is a powerful enterprise-class email, calendaring and collaborative suite. With Memorial Exchange Email you get the following:
- Large 2GB mailboxes
- Web access via Outlook Web App (OWA)
- Integrated address book and shared calendar through Microsoft Outlook
- Accommodates multiple personal calendars, multiple group calendars, as well as resource calendars for scheduling of rooms, equipment, and other non-people objects
- Integrated voicemail (Unified Messaging) that allows clients to have telephone voicemail sent directly to their inbox
- Mobile device support using ActiveSync allows clients to add Exchange email accounts to their iPad, iPhone, Android, or newer Blackberry devices
- Built-in virus scanner
How do I get a Memorial Exchange email account?
Typically, Memorial Exchange email accounts are available to faculty and staff in client departments who maintain a Service Level Agreement (SLA) with ITS. Please contact the ITS Service Desk at 864-4595 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the status of your department. If you know your department has an SLA with ITS, please consult with your administrative contact or your designated SLA representative.
The following policies apply to the Memorial Exchange Email service:
Please note that a Memorial Exchange Email account may be deactivated if there is a period of inactivity longer than 60 days. If this occurs and you would like to reactivate the account, please contact the ITS Service Desk at email@example.com or 864-4594.