Attention Google @mun.ca users
Google recently announced that new storage limits for Google Workspace for Education (formerly known as G Suite for Education) will take effect in July 2022. Currently, you have unlimited storage for Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. In order to prepare, we need you to review your current storage usage and delete any unnecessary files in drive, Gmail and photos.
Please complete the following steps (ensure you are logged in to your MUN Login account):
- To confirm how much storage you’re using, go to https://drive.google.com/settings/storage.
- To review and delete large or unnecessary files in Google Drive, go to https://drive.google.com/drive/quota.
- To review and delete large or unnecessary files in shared drives, go to https://drive.google.com/drive/shared-drives.
- Consider deleting Google Drive content that you may have copied to a shared drive. If a file resides in two locations, it may be consuming twice the storage space.
- To search for and delete unnecessary or large emails, go to manage files in your Google Drive storage and follow the instructions for Gmail.
We will implement storage limits on all users in our organization. Please complete the steps above as soon as possible to prepare for the anticipated changes.