Race & Culture
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador: List of services provided by the provincial government relating to all social determinants of health.
Immigrant and Refugee Support
- Association for New Canadians: Provide support to newcomers and help them integrate to Newfoundland and Labrador. Contact: 709-722-9680 (local) or 1-833-222-0921 (toll-free).
- Atlantic Region Association of Immigrant Serving Agencies: Represents agencies that provide support to immigrants in the Atlantic provinces of Canada. NL Contact: Megan Morris (Co-President) - 709-726-6885.
- Multicultural Women's Organization of Newfoundland and Labrador: Providing support to immigrant women. Contact: email@example.com or Kaberi.firstname.lastname@example.org, 709-726-0321.
- Refugee and Immigrant Advisory Council (RIAC): Providing support to newcomers and promoting multiculturalism in the province. Contact: 709-754-4122.
- Our Art Gallery: RIAC program promoting the art of immigrants and refugees.
- Women's Economic Council: National organization supporting the success of women. Contact: info@WomensEconomicCouncil.ca, 1-800-584-0252.
- YMCA: International charity involved in supporting communities, promoting health, volunteering, etc. Contact: email@example.com, 709-726-9622.
- YMCA of Western NL: Contact: 709-283-9622 (Bay St. George), 709-639-9676 (Corner Brook).
- Services in the North East Avalon area.
- Department of Sociology: Offering undergraduate and graduate programs in sociology with research interests including gender, occupational health, and race. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 709-864-7457 or 709-864-7443.
- Faculty of Medicine: Includes several programs such as the undergraduate M. D. program, Master of Health Ethics, and Master of Public Health.
- List of Contacts.
- Global Health Office: Promoting health locally and internationally. Contact: Dr. Jill Allison (Global Health Coordinator) - email@example.com, 709-864-6032.
- MUN Med Gateway: Refugee health clinic run by the M. D. program at Memorial University. Contact: Kate Duff (Coordinator) - firstname.lastname@example.org, 709-864-6055.
- J. R. Smallwood Foundation: Funds research that examines the history and culture of Newfoundland and Labrador. Contact: Ms. S. Browne (Administrative Assistant) - email@example.com, 709-864-8156.
- African and Canadian Association of Newfoundland and Labrador: Providing support to African Canadians and raising awareness of issues experienced by African Canadians. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 709-579-9231.
- Chinese Association of Newfoundland and Labrador: Promoting Chinese culture in Newfoundland and Labrador. Contact: email@example.com.
- Federation des Francophones de Terre-Neuve et du Labrador: Group representing Francophones in the province and providing support in schools and in the community. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 709-722-0627.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Multicultural Council, Inc.: Promoting multiculturalism through the arts. Contact: email@example.com, 709-753-2917.
- St. John's Tombolo Multicultural Festival Newfoundland and Labrador, Inc.: Promoting multiculturalism through a festival of the arts. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 709-722-8103.