COVID-19 Research Evidence
Evidence for the NL Healthcare System
Since April 1, 2020, researchers at NLCAHR have been supporting decision makers in the healthcare system by producing COVID-19 Quick Response Reports. The Primary Health Research Unit at Memorial's Faculty of Medicine has also provided evidence summaries to support decision making in primary care.
NLCAHR COVID-19 Quick Response Reports and Primary Health Research Unit Evidence Summaries
Evidence from International/ National Sources
The following resources provide up-to-date evidence from international and Canadian sources to support decision making on the global pandemic.
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION | Global research literature on coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from the WHO COVID-19 Database:
- A user-friendly search engine was launched on April 14 2020 to access the very latest international multilingual scientific findings and knowledge on COVID-19.
- The majority of references are from published journal articles from around the world
- The global literature is updated daily (Monday through Friday) with new research added regularly.
COVID-END | A Canadian COVID-19 Evidence Network to Support Decision Making A guide to COVID-19 Evidence and Tools To help health and social-system leaders as they respond to unprecedented challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Canadian Health Forum and Ottawa Hospial Research Institute have compiled a list of evidence sources.
NATIONAL COLLABORATING CENTRE FOR METHODS AND TOOLS Repository of COVID-19 Rapid Reviews The NCCMT recognizes that it is critical for public health organizations to work together across jurisdictions during this challenging time and share our efforts in response to COVID-19. To minimize duplication of efforts and facilitate collaboration within public health across Canada, the National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools has collected research questions for rapid evidence reviews currently in development. LINK TO LIST HERE
CANADIAN AGENCY FOR DRUGS AND TECHNOLOGIES IN HEALTH | COVID-19 Database CADTH is responsible for providing Canadian healthcare decision-makers with objective evidence, advice, and recommendations to inform their policy and practice decisions and is funded by Canada’s federal, provincial, and territorial governments, except Quebec. The COVID-19 database provides up-to-date evidence and an opportunity to submit informaiton requests. Database includes:
- Infection Control
- Screening and Testing
- Mental Health
- CADTH Work in Progress
- Submit a COVID-19 Request
COCHRANE CANADA |Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cochrane Resources and news
Cochrane Canada provides high-quality, relevant, and up-to-date synthesized research evidence to inform health decisions. This webpage highlights content relating to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the various related activities that Cochrane is undertaking in response. Cochrane will be continually adding updates and additions to this page. Sections include information and resources for:
* The COVID-19 Study Register provides a one-stop shop for primary research studies on COVID-19. The aim of the register is to support rapid evidence synthesis by all systematic review producers. The register helps systematic reviewers prioritize topics, identify available evidence, and produce urgently needed reviews for front-line health professionals, public health policymakers, and research teams developing new therapeutic, diagnostic, and preventive interventions for COVID-19. ACCESS THE REGISTER HERE
HEALTH CANADA | provides various public resources and updated informaiton on Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada, including:
- COVID-19 Data Perspective from Statistics Canada
- COVID-19 Public health information and printable resources
- Guidance for Healthcare professionals
- Vaccinces and Treatments
- List of Authorized Clinical Trials in Canada
INTERNATIONAL RESOURCES for COVID-19 EVIDENCE
- Campbell Collaboration (International)
- Centres for Disease Control (CDC ) listed Publications COVID-19 (USA)
- Centre for Evidence Based Medicine (CEBM) Oxford COVID-19 Evidence Service (UK)
- European Centres for Disease Prevention and Control (EU)
- Joanna Briggs Institute (AU)