The Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems Group
- Hermann Brunner
Numerical analysis of Volterra-type integral and integro-differential equations; Computational solution of nonlinear reaction-diffusion problems with memory terms and blow-up solutions.
- Andy Foster
Dynamical systems; Mathematical modelling; Applications in ecology, cell population biology, physiology and finance.
- Chun-Hua Ou
Applied differential equations (PDEs and ODEs) and dynamical systems; Mathematical biology; Applied analysis methods for differential equations.
- Amy Hurford
Mathematical modelling in biology; Applications to epidemiology, evolutionary biology, and ecology; Model parametrization and selection.
- Danny Summers
Nonlinear dynamics in the sciences; Modelling; Applications in the physical sciences
- Yuan Yuan
Delay differential equations; Dynamical systems; Neural network; Computation of differential equations (symbolic and numerical)
- Xiaoqiang Zhao
Asymptotic behavior and special solutions of nonlinear evolution equations; Global dynamics and stability in infinite dimensional dynamical systems; Mathematical models in population biology and epidemiology.
|Name||Program||Years in Program||Supervisor(s)|
|Carl Howell||M.Sc. (part-time)||2001-||Foster / Gosine|
|Cathy McFadyen||M.Sc. (part-time)||2004-||Foster / Anderson|
|Shannon Sullivan||Ph.D. (part-time)||2001-||Foster / Grant|
|Wei Yuan||M.Sc.||2006-||Ou / Yuan|
|Name||Program||Supervisor(s)||Thesis Title||Current Status|
|Natasha Kirby||M.Sc. ('06)||Foster||Dynamical systems models of asset pricing||Ph.D., University of Western Ontario|
|Leo Lee||M.Sc. ('06)||Yuan||Stability and bifurcation in systems of tri-neurons with multiple time delays||China|
|Jingtang Ma||Ph.D. ('04)||Brunner||Discontinuous Galerkin methods and cascading multigrid methods for integro-differential equations||Assistant Professor, Institute of Computational Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing|
|Jessica Rose||M.Sc. ('06)||Foster / Grant||Dynamical systems analysis of HIV immunopathogenesis and the effects of antiretroviral treatment interruption||Ph.D., Bar-Ilan University, Israel|
|Robin Swain||M.Sc. ('03)||Foster||The Morris-Lecar equations with delay||Ph.D., Imperial College, UK|
|Lin Wang||Ph.D. ('03)||Zou||Dynamics of some neural network models||Assistant professor, Dept. of Math and Statistics, Univ. of New Brunswick, Canada|
|Dashun Xu||Ph.D. ('04)||Zhao||Asymptotic behaviour and traveling waves for some population models||Assistant professor, Dept. of Math, South Illinois University, USA|
|Fang Zhang||Ph.D. ('06)||Zhao||Global dynamics of some spatially heterogeneous population models||Postdoctoral fellow, Univ. of New Brunswick, Canada|
- AMAT 3100 Introduction to Dynamical Systems
- AMAT 3161 Ordinary Differential Equations II
- AMPM 3260 Ordinary Differential Equations I
- AMAT 4160 Partial Differential Equations I
- AMAT 4170 Partial Differential Equations II
- AMAT 4190 Mathematical Modelling
- MATH 6100 Dynamical Systems
- MATH 6102 Mathematical Biology
- MATH 6104 Infinite Dimensional Dynamical Systems
- MATH 6121 Functional Differential Equations
There are a lot of journals in differential equations and dynamical systems. Many of the following journals are available, either electronically or in hardcopy format at the Queen Elizabeth II Library.
- Advances in Differential Equations
- Communications in Partial Differential Equations
- Differential and Integral Equations
- Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems
- Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive Systems
- Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems
- Int. J. Bifurcation and Chaos
- J. Differential Equations
- J. Dynamics and Differential Equations