Student Loans Information
Getting Your Loan
If you are looking for information or help with your student loan, click here.
Applying for a Loan
To apply for a Canada Student Loan, click here.
Emergency Student Loans
Emergency student loans are designed for students who need a maximum of $500 for a short period of time. Students who need these loans can make an appointment at the Student Support office.
- Maximum $500
- Available for full-time Memorial undergraduate and graduate students
- Loans issued in previous semesters must be repaid before consideration will be given to any request
- Loans will not be issued against next semester's income/student aid
- Extensions will not be granted. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that all loans/fees are paid in order to be able to register for the following semester
- Documentation must be provided with proof of the student's ability to repay the Emergency Student Loan
*Emergency loans are short-term loans for students, and are not affiliated with student aid.