The Student Wellness and Counselling Centre continues to remain open and staff are providing services to students via telephone and virtual sessions. For full details, see the FAQ here.
The Student Wellness and Counselling Centre (SWCC) at Memorial University provides counselling, health, and wellness support for students including primary health care, counselling, health promotion, disease prevention, and wellness education.
The SWCC is located on the 5th floor of the University Centre (UC-5000), and is open from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday (8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. summer hours)
Search for Director, Student Wellness and Counselling Centre visit here.
For information regarding the COVID-19 virus visit here.
- To share accurate information about COVID-19 and the university’s response, Memorial has created a webpage which you can visit here. The page also includes an overview of the COVID-19 risk, prevention information, and risks to the community.
Please note that the SWCC is not equipped to deal with major emergencies, such as heart attacks, strokes, broken limbs, active suicidal thoughts or any other life threatening injuries. Should an emergency arise while on campus, you should call 911. For off-campus emergencies, you can also dial 911, or if you are able, proceed directly to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Students with urgent mental health concerns should avail of the following community based services:
- 24-hour mental health crisis line: (709) 737-4668 (local) or 1-888-737-4668 (province-wide).
- Mobile Crisis Response Team: 1-888-737-4668 St. John’s Region.
- 24 hour Walk-in Psychiatric Assessment Unit at the Waterford Hospital Site on Waterford Bridge Road: (709) 777-3021 or (709) 777-3022
- Health Sciences Emergency Department on Columbus Drive in St. John’s: (709) 777-6335.
Appointments at the SWCC can be made via:
- Telephone: (709) 864-8500
- Email (Physician or Nurse): email@example.com
- Email (Counselling): firstname.lastname@example.org (please provide your name, student number, phone number and where you are currently residing)
- In person: UC-5000
- HealthMyself - Patient Portal: Physician or Nursing Appointments
Notice: Cancellations can ONLY be made by emailing email@example.com or via HealthMyself - Patient Portal.
A $30 charge will be posted to your student account if you fail to cancel or reschedule at least 8 hours before your scheduled appointment or if you are late to your appointment.