Financial aid

Enhancements to student aid

There have been enhancements to national and provincial student aid programs:

Newfoundland and Labrador student loans

Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador should direct their inquiries to the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador - Student Aid Office.

Student aid officials are available to answer your questions via Documents can be submitted via

Office location:
Coughlan College
216 Prince Phillip Drive
Memorial University
St. John’s Campus

Contact information:

Main Office – St. John’s
Tel: 1-709-729-5849
Toll Free: 1-888-657-0800
Fax: 1-709-729-2298

Out-of-province student loans

Our office provides liaison services between out-of-province undergraduate students and the financial aid office of the province from which they are receiving student aid.

For general inquiries, go to to the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) or call toll free: 1-888-815-4514

For other questions concerning out-of-province loans, please contact

Graduate students should contact the School of Graduate Studies at

U.S. student aid

Memorial University is designated to distribute U.S. students loans, Sallie Mae loans and Veterans Affairs funding for U.S. students who qualify.

For further assistance, please send an email to

Emergency student loans 

They will be issued by the Student Life office located in the University Centre. For additional information on how to request an emergency student loan, click here.