Statistics involves the modelling of data from virtually every field including biology, economics and finance, engineering, environmental science and medicine, and deals with inferences using mathematical tools and probability theory.
Math & Stats at Memorial
We employ undergraduate students in the Math Help Centre and to mark course assignments. Some of our students qualify for summer research employment funded by the National Science and Engineering Research Council.
We offer major and honours programs leading to either a B.A. or B.Sc. in statistics. Joint programs are offered in
- biology/statistics (B.Sc. honours)
- computer science/statistics (B.Sc. major and honours)
- economics/statistics (B.Sc. major)
- economics/statistics (B.Sc. major with co-operative program in economics)
- pure mathematics/statistics (honours)
A minor in statistics is also available.
- Forensic statistician
Note: some of these careers may call for supplementary education or preparation in the form of graduate studies, experiential learning or professional courses and exams.
Faculty of Science
Mathematics and Statistics
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science
Fall, winter and spring semesters
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Students are encouraged to apply by:
- March 1 for fall admission
- Oct. 1 for winter admission
- Feb. 1 for spring admission