I want to...

Below is a list of forms, policies, and resources that might help you during your graduate program. If you’re still uncertain, please email us at sgs@mun.ca. We’ll get back to you within one business day.

Access counseling services
Access University Libraries
Add a course
Apply for admission
Apply for the Medical Care Plan
Apply to graduate
Apply for graduate assistantships
Apply for GSU funding
Apply for GSU Graduate Student Development Fund
Apply for a scholarship
Apply for a Social Insurance Number
Apply for a study permit
Apply for student jobs
Apply for travel funding
Attend a conference
Attend Graduate Orientation
Attend Teaching Assistant training
Become a Fellow of the School of Graduate Studies
Become a postdoctoral fellow
Book a study space
Build an effective student-supervisor relationship
Change my program of study
Change my route
Change my status
Change/update my name
Deal with online harassment and bullying
Defer a final exam
Defer an offer of admission
Develop my professional skills
Design a budget
Download MUN apps
Drop a course
Get a driver’s license
Get a final exam/paper re-read
Get help as an online learner
Improve my English skills
Improve my study skills
Improve my teaching skills
Join a graduate student club or society
Join a GSU committee
Join an international student group
Learn more about Convocation
Learn more about diversity and inclusion in graduate studies
Learn more about doctoral defences
Leaern more about graduate tuition and fees
Learn more about integrity and research ethics for graduate students
Learn more about Johnson Insurance services and benefits for graduate students
Learn more about personal development opportunities
Learn more about recreation facilities on campus (The Works)
Learn more about supports for Indigenous graduate students
Learn more about supports for international graduate students
Learn more about the Graduate Students' Union
Learn more about Teaching Assistants' Union of Memorial (TAUMUN)
Learn more about thesis and reports
Log into Brightspace
Log into Self-Service
Look for graduate housing
Opt into GSU health and dental insurance
Opt out of GSU health and dental insurance
Opt out of the recreation fee
Participate in social events for graduate students
Participate in the Three Minute Thesis
Pay my fees
Print my income tax information
Pick up my degree/parchment
Register for courses
Replace my degree parchment
Request academic accommodations
Request a campus card
Request an enrolment verification letter
Request an extension to my program
Request an income tax receipt
Request a leave of absence
Request legal consultation through the GSU
Request a letter for my application for a Post Graduate Work Permit
Request a letter for my application for a study permit extension
Request an official transcript
Request a parking permit
Request a transcript
Request an unofficial transcript
Request a travel advance
Resolve conflicts
Review events happening on campus
Review graduate student fees
Review GSU services
Review important dates and deadlines
Review the TAUMUN collective agreement
Review the Trans and Gender Diverse Students’ Guide
See a doctor
See what courses are being offered
Seek assistance as a sponsored graduate student
Set up my @mun.ca email
Sign up for payroll deduction
Start my own business
Submit my annual progress report
Talk to an academic advisor
Talk to a career advisor
Talk to an immigration advisor
Understand intellectual property guidelines for graduate students
Understand University regulations
Update my personal information
View campus maps
View doctoral thesis examination and oral defence procedures
View master’s thesis examination procedures
View responsibilities of graduate students and supervisors
View the graduate student travel policy
Volunteer as a graduate student
Withdraw from a program


School of Graduate Studies

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000