What Courses Should I Take in First Year?
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) programs generally take four years to complete. Students must choose a major and they may also choose a minor.
Major Subject Areas
So, what courses should you take in first year? B.Sc. students must complete the following core degree requirements:
- Two courses in critical reading and writing (CRW), including at least one in English
- Two courses in mathematics/statistics
- Two courses each of two sciences other than mathematics/statistics.
It is recommended that you complete the core degree requriements in your first year of study.
Check out a sample program of suggested courses for each of the majors available within the B.Sc. degree:
- Applied Mathematics
- Behavioural Neuroscience
- Chemistry (Biological)
- Computational Chemistry
- Computer Science
- Computer Science (Smart Systems)
- Computer Science (Visual Computing and Games)
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Physics
- Marine Biology
- Ocean Physics
- Ocean Sciences
- Ocean Sciences (Environmental Systems)
- Pure Mathematics